Skip to main content

Analytical Reflection

In my opinion, I feel that team SUN did a fantastic presentation. Their slides were concise, and this makes me easy to read and understand the content that they wanted to deliver.  Unlike other teams, this team had used video to reinforce their idea and this further adds an impact to their overall presentation. Their tone and pace of their speech during the presentation are quite consistent although there are some mistakes in between overall, they did a good job. During the presentation, they have always maintained good eye contact with the audience and there are not much filter and Singlish words being used.  Overall, their delivery in the presentation was impactful and meaningful. Their topic was about wireless charging buses was interesting as most teams did not have any similar topics as them which make them stand out from the rest. Their introduction for their presentation was entertaining that they were able to capture the audience fullest attention.
Apart from their amazing presentation being delivered to the audience, they show a clear understanding of the topic that they are presenting and used examples to emphasize on the issue. The entire team shows a great teamwork during the showcase where one speaks, the rest sat attentively to support the one that was speaking. This team did not mention the sentence “I would like to pass the time to “which makes them professional in the presentation. Their conclusion was wrapped up perfectly with a quote. There was no uncertainty in the questions and answers section which make them knowledgeable about the topic that they deliver.  Overall, SUN executed a great presentation. From their presentation, I personally have learned ways on how to improve my presentation skills.  With that, I can say that I have completed my Effective Communication module.

Comments

  1. Dear Serena,

    Thank you for this detailed reflection on the very fine SUN presentation.

    I appreciate all your effort this term with the portfolio.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Reflection

The goal that I had set for this module was to improve my writing skills. Personally, I feel that I have achieved this goal as I have the chance to write a full technical report and the constantly updated blog posts for this module. Through the report and blog posts, I find myself being more critical of my grammar errors, sentence structure in the passage. Being critical, it allows me to be more careful in my writing skills.  I would like to use the skills that I have learned in this module into my daily life as it can constantly help me improved my ability in my writing. The main challenge for our project was the writing of full technical report due to the busy schedule of our group members. As the three of us are different project groups in other modules, it was very difficult to meet up and discuss the project.  This resulted that our group to have lack of communication. Thus, we decided to split the workload eventually and later compile everything together. This leads to inconsist

Interpersonal Conflict draft 2

Interpersonal conflict communication skills is a key factor that lead to a disagreement between each other. One situation happens in a shopping mall where it involves my friend and I. The communication breakdown was trying to persuade her to stop stealing things in the shopping mall as it will be a serious offense and probably led her to jail. One day, I went shopping with her, I realized she was stealing things in a department store, I told her to put it back or else we will get in deep trouble. She felt frustrated that I kept nagging at her for telling her to put back the stuff and then she shouted “shut up” at me in an angry and rude manner. After the quarrel, she was being extremely cold to me while we will walking to the bus stop. At the bus stop, she told me “let don’t be friends anymore since you do not like to take the risk with me. “ I was stunned that she told this to me and then she left off. After reading the conflict I had, what is the best solution to resolve this situa

Formal Introduction

Dear Professor Blackstone I would like to take this opportunity to formally introduce myself. My name is Serena Koay. I am currently pursing a degree in civil engineering at Singapore Institute of Technology. I graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic last year, with a diploma in engineering with business. During my course of study, I realized that I am more inclined to systemic problem-solving methodologies taught in engineering as compared to the various finance and economics related theories taught in business. Thus, with this inclination as a form of motivation, I decided to pursue a degree in engineering. Upon graduation, I was uncertain as to which field of engineering should I go into since I studied general engineering in polytechnic. However, during my six months internship at Singapore Technologies Engineering Ltd, the use computer-aided design software was heavily utilized as I had to design commercial buildings using the software.   Similarly, when a building is b